Setting Your Site’s Default Language in the Express Editor
Setting the default language for your site helps search engines determine what is relevant to users and provides visitors using a screen reader with an accurate reading and tone. This allows your site to comply with ADA regulations and provides the same experience to all users interested in your content. Please note that this is just for the text you will be writing your content in, and it will not change the default text of the editor.
To begin, launch your website’s Express Editor.
- Select Edit Site, under the Home tab section.
- Click the Settings icon at the left navigation bar.
- The Site Settings panel will open, and from the tabs along with the top click Accessibility.
- On this tab, choose the language your site is written in from the drop-down tab.
- Once you’ve selected the language, you would like to write your site in, click the Apply button on the bottom right.
- You’ve now saved your default language for your site, and to make these changes live on the web, click the Publish button on the upper right.