Setting Your Site’s Default Language in the Express Editor
Looking for help for the Gator Website Builder product? Please see Gator's Knowledge Base.
This content only applies to those using Gator Website Builder.
Setting the default language for your site helps search engines determine what is relevant to users and provides visitors using a screen reader with an accurate reading and tone. This allows your site to be compliant with ADA regulations and provides the same experience to all users interested in your content. Please note that this is just for the text that you will be writing your content in, and it will not change the default text of the editor.
- To begin, launch your website’s Express Editor.
- Click the Settings icon at the top of the editor.
- The Site Settings panel will open, and from the tabs along the top click Accessibility.
- On this tab, choose the language your site is written in from the drop-down tab.
- Once you’ve selected the language you would like to write your site in, click the Save button on the bottom right.
- You’ve now saved your default language for your site, and to make these changes live on the web click the Publish button on the upper right.