Setting Up Private Name Servers with HostGator/eNom
HostGator gives Reseller,VPS and Dedicated Server packages the ability to set up their own private DNS, also known as private name servers.
Note: This only applies to domains registered with HostGator/eNom and excludes those registered through eNom directly.
If you have purchased your domain directly from eNom and not through HostGator, you will need to follow the directions below to register your private name servers:
- Log into your eNom account.
- From menu bar within your portal, navigate to Domains -> Advanced Tools -> Register a Name Server
- Enter the name server in the Name Server text box.
- Enter the IP address for the name server in the IP Address text box.
- Click the Submit button.
- Repeat steps 2 through 5 to add for any other name servers you wish to register with your eNom registered domain.
Once your private name servers are registered, you may proceed to Step 2 of the process for setting up private name servers.