Setting Up Private Name Servers - HostGator/Enom
As a Reseller, VPS, or Dedicated hosting customer, you have the ability to set up your private name servers.
If your domain names are registered with HostGator/Enom, you can request private nameservers to be set up by contacting us via phone or chat.
Note: This only applies to domains registered with HostGator/Enom and excludes those registered through Enom directly.
If you have purchased your domain directly from Enom and not through HostGator, you will need to follow the directions below to register your private name servers.
- Log into your Enom account.
- From the menu bar within your portal, navigate to Domains, then select Advanced Tools.
- Click on Register a Name Server.
- Enter the private name server in the Name Server text box.
- Enter the IP address for the name server in the IP Address text box.
For your HostGator private name servers, you will find the details within your Customer Portal and HostGator Welcome email.
- Click on the Submit button.
- Repeat steps 2 through 6 to add the name servers you need to register for your domain.
Once your private name servers are registered, you need to set up the A records within your WHM. For more information on how to do this task, please visit the following article.