Setting up an eCommerce Store
Once you have added an eCommerce Store to your Gator account, the onboarding flow will walk you through a guided experience that starts with adding your first product.
- The first step is to add in your store information details. When you click on Manage Store it will bring you to a screen to add your store details. You can go no further until this information is filled out.
- Once it is filled out hit Continue to be taken to the next step.
- On this step of the setup flow, you will see a screen for you to begin adding what payment method you will accept.
- Paypal is the recommended default option available during store setup. You can select Sounds Good! Setup PayPal to continue or choose skip this step to Select A Payment Provider later. ProTip: If you are setting up with Paypal, the Paypal account must be a Merchant account. Note: The store cannot be published on a website until a payment provider is set up. You will see a pop-up in the website editor that indicates that store setup is not complete until a payment provider is selected.
- If you choose to set up PayPal, you will now be prompted to either search for your account if you have one or create one with or without using the account details already provided to HostGator.
- Next is the taxes section. Clicking on Continue will set up the taxes automatically. Setting up automatically allows the store to calculate taxes based on the business and customer locations. You can always skip this so that you can update it later.
- To begin adding products to your Express Editor Store, check out: Managing Products