ResellerClub - Transfer a Domain to ResellerClub Account
As a registrant, you may transfer domains you registered elsewhere to your ResellerClub account.
It is recommended you check transfer eligibility before transferring your domain. Not every domain is ready for transfer. While you will not be charged for a failed transfer, it will save time for both you and your clients if this is checked prior to initiating the transfer.
Domain Pre-Transfer Checklist
Before initiating the domain transfer, please check the following:
- Customer MUST have access to the registrant email contact address via the WHOIS. (This is where the domain transfer verification email is sent, and it MUST be answered to approve the transfer.
- WHOIS protection must be turned off. (WHOIS protection would hide the registrant email contact.)
- Confirm the domain is older than 60 days old, as domains less than 60 days old cannot be transferred. (Domains transferred to another registrar within the last 60 days will also be ineligible for transfer until the end of the 60 day period.)
- Confirm that the domain is no more than 30 days past the expiration date.
This is important because, at around 30 days, domains begin to go into redemption. Once in redemption, the domain MUST be renewed at the previous registrar to be transferable. Domains in redemption can not be transferred.
- Unlock the domain. The domain must show an “Ok” status when queried via WHOIS.
- Update Name Servers prior to transfer – This is not required, but it is important to note that you will NOT be able to modify the DNS mid-transfer. You would need to wait until it is either successfully transferred, or fails.
- Retrieve the EPP Authorization key from the current registrar. (Note that some TLDs do not require an EPP key)
Domain Transfer Instructions for ResellerClub Domain Resellers
- Log into your Reseller Control Panel.
- In the Menu, point to Products -> Domain Registration and then click Transfer.
- Enter the domain name you wish to Transfer and it's EPP key or Auth Code:
- Click the Transfer button.
- Enter the Username (Email Address) of the Customer, on whose behalf you wish to Transfer this domain name. If the Customer is new, you can Add the Customer, by filling the form given there.
- By default, the Default Contacts and Default Name Servers specified by you will be associated with the domain name. Click the icon to change the Contacts and Name servers:
- Contacts: Click the Change Contact button. Then, you may select from the available list of Contacts or Add a New Contact by clicking the Add New button.
- Name Servers: Click the Change Name Servers tab and specify the Name Servers.
- Proceed with the Payment of the invoice
- After you have placed the Transfer Order, the Registrant Contact for the domain name will receive an e-mail from ResellerClub for the Transfer Authorization process, which needs to be approved within 5 days.
- After clicking the approval link in the Transfer Registrant email, the Registrant Contact needs to provide the Domain (Transfer) Secret Key/Authorization Code. Alternatively, the Domain (Transfer) Secret Key/Authorization Code can be submitted by the Customer from within his Customer Control Panel:
- Log into the Customer Control Panel, search for the domain name being transferred, and proceed to the Order Information view
- Provide the Domain (Transfer) Secret Key/Authorization Code and click the Submit button.
- Once the mail has been approved by the Registrant Contact and the Domain (Transfer) Secret Key/Authorization Code submitted, the Current Registrar will be notified regarding the transfer.