Plesk 11.5 - Server Administration Panel
OH SNAP! This article has been deprecated.
Please check out the article Introducing: The Plesk Admin Panel for more details.
Server Administration Panel Overview
HostGator customers with Windows VPS or Dedicated Servers will enjoy Administrator level access to their Plesk 11.5 installation via the Server Administration Panel. This allows many options related to server-level operations and account creation.
This article will give a brief overview of the more important tools and functions available in the Server Administration Panel. These are grouped in three areas in your Panel:
- The Navigation pane (the left column) with links for hosting services, server management, and profile and password modification.
- The System Overview pane, with useful information on system setup, versioning, subscriptions, and plans.
- The My Web spaces pane, showing active sites (and allowing access to these).
The majority of your administrative actions will be performed via the Navigation pane.
- Home. This is where you start working with the Panel. Most of the operations you might need to perform are accessible from this area.
The "Hosting Services" section groups together several useful functions for the management of specific accounts:
- Customers. This is where you perform operations on user accounts. Customers are end-users of hosting services; they cannot resell hosting services. You can accomplish the following tasks from this area of the Panel:
- Create, modify, suspend, activate, and remove user accounts
- View traffic usage reports
- Resellers. Allows you to perform operations on reseller accounts. Resellers can use hosting services and resell the services to end-users. Resellers cannot create reseller accounts for other users. You can accomplish the following tasks from this area of the Panel:
- Create, modify, and remove user accounts for resellers and their customers.
- View traffic usage reports
- Domains. This is where you can view information about hosted websites and their domain names, and go to the Control Panel for managing them.
- Subscriptions. Allows management of customer subscriptions to your services. Subscription is a way a customer obtains services and resources provided by a service plan.
- Service Plans. This is where you manage your service plans. A service plan is a set of resources and services provided to hosting service customers by means of subscriptions. There are also service plan add-ons that extend the number of resources and services provided with a subscription.
The "Server Management" section contains tools for broader server configuration:
- Tools & Utilities. This is where you configure and manage system services, and view resource usage statistics.
- Settings. Allows configuration of global settings related to hosting services and Panel branding.
"My Profile" is for the management of the Administrator account:
- Profile & Preferences. This is where you set interface language and skin, and update contact information.
- Change Password. This is where you change your password for logging in to the Server Administration Panel as administrator.
System Overview Pane
This pane displays the Hostname, IP address, server operating system and panel version. This pane also shows a listing of all resellers, customers, subscriptions, and service plans.
My Webspace Pane
This shows sites presently hosted under this account. Access to the subscription and Control panel associated with a given website are also available via this pane.