phpSuExec or suPHP
PHPsuExec (pronounced sue-eksek) is a more secure environment for executable files. SuPHP is the same idea, but a more recent product specifically for PHP.
Verifying if the Server Uses suPHP
The following steps will walk through the process of verifying whether or not the server uses suPHP.
- Create a simple php info script.
- Create a file named phpinfo.php in the public_html folder of your site.
- Insert the following code into that file:
<?php phpinfo(); ?>
- Load the file in your browser.
- In the top section on your screen, find the line Server API. The Server API line will provide one of three options:
- CGI - will be displayed if the account is on a server which is using suPHP
- CGI/FastCGI - will be displayed if the account is on a server which is using suPHP
- Apache - will be displayed if the account is on a server which is NOT using suPHP