phpBB Admin Password Recovery
Begin by accessing phpMyAdmin via cPanel or Plesk.
- Select the database you wish to work with (listed in the left column when you first access phpMyAdmin).
- Click the corresponding table that stores username and password information: phpbb_users
- Click Browse located towards the top of your screen so that a list of users display.
- Find the account of user that needs to be changed (eg. Admin).
- Click Edit.
- From the user_password row, click the Function pull down menu and choose MD5.
- In the box to the right of MD5, replace the existing encrypted password with your new password in plain text.
- Click the GO button located towards the bottom of the page.