Password Protecting Directories in Plesk
Plesk offers a variety of features and options for controlling, managing and securing your site. One such security feature that is quite useful is the option to password protect a specific directory, or folder.
You can easily password protect a directory to require a specific username or password to access the contents. To do this:
- Log in to the Plesk administrative panel by going to:
- Choose Websites and Domains in the top navigation bar:
- Once there, click Show Advanced Operations.
- Choose Password-protected Directories:
- Select Add Protected Directory. Enter in the directory name, location and title of the protected directory and click OK.
- Once the directory is added, select the directory. This will allow you to set a user and password to access the directory.
- Click Add New User and enter in the username, secure password, and then confirm the password, and click OK.
Success! The directory is now secured and when viewed in a browser, a password prompt will appear and will only allow those users with access to view the contents of the directory