Overview of SEO settings within the Express Editor
Looking for help for the Gator Website Builder product? Please see Gator's Knowledge Base.
This content only applies to those using Gator Website Builder.
- What is SEO?
- SEO is short for Search Engine Optimization, or the practice of making edits to your site so that it is picked up and is ranked higher on search engines when people lookup phrases or keywords related to your site.
- Why is SEO important?
- SEO determines what page, and how high up on pages within online searches you show when people search topics related to your website. Did you know that only about 7% of users look past the first page of search results when looking up a question?
- What features does HostGator include in the Express editor to help with SEO?
- Mobile Responsive and compatible with all devices.
- Fast Load Times.
- Ability to customize page titles and descriptions as they appear on search engines.
- Quickly link to internal pages.
- Sitemap automatically created and updated.
- All stock photos come with alt text automatically added within the editor and allows you to add alt text to any uploaded photos.
- Easily list and manage your business on Google My Business.
- Ability to add a custom Social Share Image that displays when sharing your website on social media.
- Simplified page titles and descriptions that take all the guesswork out of how to add and create title meta tags for your webpages.