New Content Transfers Form
The Migrations Department and HostGator Development Team have made the transfer process as simple as possible by creating a 3 step form that validates your HostGator hosting account information.
- Step 1: Select the Destination Hosting Package
- Step 2: Enter Your Old Hosting Information
- Step 3: Submit the Transfer Request (or Quote Request)
The transfer form is located at the URL below. The information on the first page will provide important information regarding website migration and wait times for our transfer services:
Step 1: Select the Destination Hosting Package
First select the hosting package you wish to migrate your content to from the Hosting Account drop down box in the Select the Destination HostGator Account section:
Step 2: Enter Your Old Hosting Information
Now you will have the opportunity to specify the account(s) that you wish to be transferred to your HostGator Hosting Account. Depending on the hosting package you purchased from HostGator, you may qualify for one or more free transfers within 30 days of purchasing the hosting package.
If you do not qualify for a free transfer, we can provide a quote for doing the transfer. To see if you qualify for a free transfer, be sure to visit the HostGator Website Transfers page, which gives full details.
Please fill out the Information for Source Account 1 section with the following information:
- Account Domain Name: The primary domain name for the account.
- IP / Hostname: The IP address where it is currently hosted.
- Control Panel URL: The URL for the current hosting control panel.
- Previous Hosting Company: The company it is currently being hosted with.
- Control Panel: The type of control panel the site is being hosted on.
- Does This Account Have An SSL Certificate?: Select whether or not there is an SSL for the domain.
- Additional Instructions: Any additional migration instructions you have.
- Account Username: The old hosting control panel username.
- Password: The password for the old hosting control panel.
If you wish to migrate multiple sites or hosting packages to your new hosting account, click the Add another account button and repeat Step 2 until you have provided details for all of the packages you wish to transfer.
Step 3: Submit the Transfer Request (or Quote Request)
If you wish to be provided with a quote and do not wish to initiate the transfer, please place a checkmark next to I am only seeking a quote for this request, then click the Submit Request button.
You can now sit back and relax! We'll email you when the transfer is complete.