My WordPress Blog Works, but I Cannot Upload Images
You may be seeing an error resembling "Unable to create directory. Is its parent directory writable by the server?"
The Most Common Causes and Solutions:
- Login to your wp-admin
- Click on Settings
- Choose the Miscellaneous option from the left menu.
- The path should display wp-content/uploads. If not, correct the path.
I cannot get to myblog.com/wp-admin/ and login.
Read the related article about "WordPress Home Fix". This is more technical, but works every time.
Incorrect Directory Permissions
If the pathway is correct, it is possible that there are incorrect permissions afoot. To correct this:
- Login to your control panel and go to the File Manager icon or Log into your FTP client.
- Ensure the permissions of your wp-content folder is set to 755.
Incorrect Folder Permissions
If the issue persists beyond having updated the directory folder's permissions, consider the possibiilty that the director's internal folders or file are the culprit.
Please be sure that the permissions are set as follows:
- WordPress folders have 755 permissions
- WordPress files have 644 permissions.