Setup Email on Mobile with Office 365
In this article, we will address the following topics about Outlook for Microsoft 365 (formerly known as Office 365):
When setting up an Office 365 email on a mobile device, the email settings will be the same. What will differ are the steps to configure the email based on the mobile operating system (Android or iOS).
This article will cover the steps to set up an Office 365 email on the following type of mobile devices:
Configuring Email for Android
- Install the Microsoft Outlook app from the Play Store on an Android phone.
- Once it finishes installing, open the app.
- Select the Get Started.
- Enter your full Office 365 email address, and click Continue.
- Tap Office 365 to apply the account type to the email address.
- Confirm the email address is correct to sign in to the Office 365 email account.
- Tap Next.
- Enter the email password.
- Tap Sign in.
- Congratulations! You can now manage your email, calendar, and contacts in the Outlook mobile app.
Configuring Email for iPhone
- Open the Settings app on the iPhone.
- Tap Accounts & Passwords.
Note: If you are on iOS 10, go to Mail > Accounts > Add Account.
- Tap Add Account.
- From the options displayed, select Exchange.
- Enter the Office 365 email and a short description.
- Tap Next.
- A prompt will appear stating to Sign in to your (email domain) Exchange account using Microsoft?.
- If you select Configure Manually, you must manually enter server settings like server, domain, username, and password.
- If you select Sign In, provide the login credentials for the Office 365 email account.
- Tap Sign in or Next.
- Once the email is successfully verified, a prompt may appear requesting to allow the Mail app-specific permissions.
- Tap Accept.
- Select the various services to sync with your iOS device.
- Tap Save.
- Congratulations! Your email is now added successfully.
Adding more Microsoft 365 email accounts? Here is a video tutorial on how to set up an email account: