Setup Email on Mobile with Office 365
When it comes to setting up an Office 365 email on a mobile device, the email settings will be the same. What will differ are the steps to configure the email based on the mobile operating system (Android or iOS).
This article will cover the steps to set up an Office 365 email on the following type of mobile devices:
Configuring Email for Android
- Go to the Google Play Store on the mobile device.
- Search for the Microsoft Outlook app and click Install.
- Open the application once it finishes installing.
- Tap Get Started.
- Type the Office 365 email address to add the account, then tap Continue.
- Tap Office 365 to apply account type to the email address.
- Confirm the email address is correct to sign-in to the Office 365 email account.
- Tap Next.
- Enter the email password.
- Tap Sign in.
- Once the email has been added, confirm that the email is successful in sending and receiving emails within the Microsoft app.
Configuring Email for iPhone
- Open the Settings app on the iPhone.
- Tap Accounts & Passwords.
- Tap Add Account.
- From the options displayed, select Exchange.
- Enter the Office 365 email and a short description.
- Tap Next.
- A prompt will appear stating to Sign in to your "(email domain)" Exchange account using Microsoft?.
- If you select Sign In, provide the login credentials for the Office 365 email account.
- Tap Sign in or Next.
- Once the email is successfully verified, a prompt may appear requesting to allow the Mail app-specific permissions.
- Tap Accept.
- Select the various services to sync with your iOS device.
- Tap Save.
- Confirm that the email added is successful in sending and receiving emails within the Mail app.