Managing Store Settings
In this article, we will cover the different adjustments you can make to your store by Managing Store Settings. We will also take a look at the individual settings themselves to help clarify the available options.
Accessing Store Settings:
Once you’ve filled your new store with products, you can customize the settings of your store by doing the following:
- Begin within your Store dashboard and select the Settings tab in the left-hand menu.
- Here you can see General settings where you can edit:
- Update the general information about your store, including your Company Name, Tax ID, Address, Phone Number, and Currency type.
- If you choose to enable shipping as an option for your products, you can customize the shipping costs and even set a minimum purchase amount to enable free shipping. You also have the option to set up Integrated Shipping by following these instructions here: WebsiteBuilder: Integrated Shipping. A pop-up will appear where you can begin setting up shipping costs for the first product in the customer's cart, as well as each additional item. You can also provide free shipping when the customer’s purchase exceeds a specific amount.
- New Order Email:
- The email address that will be notified when a new order is placed.
- The Tax tab allows you to set up this necessary function so that you can accurately account for taxes based on location. Click the slider to Enable Taxes to start displaying tax values in your shop, or you can choose to disable this view. You can also checkout Calculate Taxes In Your Store for more information on setting up Taxes.
- Payment Providers:
- Payment Providers can be enabled to capture payments during your store's checkout process. The list of Payment Providers depends on your store's location and the currency you configured.
- The pickup tab allows you to enter a pickup location and instructions for your store to provide to customers that order an item listed as available for curbside pickup.
- Select the Advanced tab in the top of the menu.
- From here you can Edit:
- Order Formatting and Metrics:
- Set the units of measurement in your store to inches to centimeters or pounds to grams. In addition, you can customize the order prefix and start number to your preference.
- Tracking is an advanced feature used to track checkout conversion rates for use with marketing campaigns. You can enter scripts into each page of the checkout flow. These scripts may come from Google Analytics, Facebook, or Instagram, for example. Results appear in the program used to create the text.
- Notifications Email:
- Here, you can edit the email where order notifications come from as well as the information and design of the message that appears within the emails that your customers will receive. You can change the Customer Support, Order Confirmation, Cancellation, and Shipping emails in this area
- Email Design:
- Here you can easily upload your Logo, Theme color, and Language type.
- Integrated Shipping:
- Here you can update your business’s nexus/ shipping address that will be used to calculate shipping charges for your customer. You can use Integrated Shipping to fulfill all your orders quickly & easily and while giving customers more options. If you have integrated shipping enabled, you will see an additional section to manage your shipping carriers and Shippo’s settings.
- Order Formatting and Metrics: