Manage Subscription Renewal
- GATOR WEBSITE BUILDER CONTENT -
On your account, an invoice is created for you when services are coming up for renewal. When that invoice is created, your payment of choice will be charged 15 days in advance to ensure no service interruptions. Some people choose not to auto-renew so they can make the payment independently. This article will explain how to turn on and off auto-renew.
If you turn off auto-renew and your account does not automatically renew, or if your payment details are not up-to-date, you will need to ensure you renew your services to avoid any continued disruptions.
Invoices will still be created on your account and remain open until the invoice reaches 45 days past due (unpaid). After the invoice is 45 days past due, any services listed on the invoice that remain unpaid will be canceled.
You can turn off the automatic renewal feature from within your HostGator account by navigating to the following area:
- Log in to your HostGator account and select My Account from the left-hand menu.
- Select Services in the top menu bar.
- Select the three vertical dots ⋮ for the desired service to the right of the Plans section.
- A menu will appear for you to Reassign the plan or Do Not Renew.
- Select Confirm Cancelation to change the auto-renewal status of your account.
- If it has not been completed, you will see a pending status.
- To turn the auto-renewal back on, click the dots and choose Auto-Renew.
- Click Confirm Auto-Renewal to turn the Auto-Renew back on.