Making Posts with Social Booster
According to some research by SEO experts for local businesses, posts are viewed and engaged with more than direct or branded traffic links when people are looking for goods and services in competitive industries. Posting to your Google My Business local listing and Facebook business page with regularity will increase your local search result’s position and drive your customers to where you want them to go by marketing directly on Google’s pages.
Types of Posts:With Google My Business, you will be able to create 3 types of posts depending on the information you are looking to provide to your customers:
- What’s New
Connecting a Website
Google My Business
- On your dashboard, click Social Booster.
- Click Connect Social Booster on the website you need to set up.
- Here is a quick walkthrough on how-to get started in Google Listing.
Once you completed connecting your Google Account by entering your Gmail username and password, please proceed on Steps 2-7 by adding your business information and Steps 8-9 to Verify Listing.
Facebook and Instagram
- Click the Connect Instagram icon.
- Please log in using your Facebook Credentials.
- Select Continue as "Your Username" to proceed.
- You will be prompt to select the Instagram Business Account you would like to connect with. Next, select which information you would like for SocialBooster to have access to.
- Once done, click OK to confirm.
Creating a Post:
- To create a post, you will want to start within your account Home and from the left navigation, choose Social Booster.
- Click on Manage Social Booster from your selected website.
- Once in the Google My Business dashboard, click the Create Post button at the top of the page.
- Next, select the Post Type you want to create.
- You will then be given the option to select the social channels you would like to post to and areas to fill in your post’s content.
All posts have a few basic common components that they share. As you will add content to the post, the preview image of the post dynamically updates to show how the post will look on either Instagram, Facebook, Google, and Twitter.
- a. Page(s) - This is a required field to enter what social channel pages the post will be sent to. You can pick multiple pages if you need to connect them.
- b. Image(s) - Instagram and Google My Business only support uploading one image per post at the time of release. Facebook supports up to ten images.
- c. Post text - It is capped out at 1,000 characters.
You can switch and look at the different previews by pressing the buttons above the post preview that says either Google, Facebook, or Instagram.Example: From Google My Business Preview:
Switched to Instagram Post Preview:
- Lastly, you can save your post using the Save Draft button or post it to your page with the Publish Now button or Schedule Post option from the arrow on the upper right.
Editing or Deleting a Post:If you ever need to edit a saved draft or published post or delete it, you can do so from within the Social Booster dashboard.
- First, you will want to click the Posts tab at the top of the page to see all saved drafts and published posts.
- On the bottom right of a post, click the Kebab Menu (3 dots stacked on each other).
- When the Kebab Menu opens, you will see the options to Edit or Delete. Please Note: If you delete a post, it cannot be recovered, and any insights or data tied to it will be lost.