Making Posts with Social Booster
Looking for help for the Gator Website Builder product? Please see Gator's Knowledge Base.
This content only applies to those using Gator Website Builder.
According to some research by SEO experts for local businesses, posts are viewed and engaged with on average more than direct or branded traffic links when people are looking for goods and services in competitive industries. Posting to your Google My Business local listing and Facebook business page with regularity will increase your local search result’s position as well as drive your customers to where you want them to go by marketing directly on Google’s pages.
Types of Posts:
With Google My Business you will be able to create 3 types of posts depending on the information you are looking to provide to your customers:
- What’s New
These are generic or information sharing types of posts that will give information to your followers or prospective customers about your business. You will be able to add a picture, text, and the option for a Call To Action button with a link attached. These posts are a great way to wish your customers a happy holiday, an update to business hours, or a new location you will be opening soon!
Event posts are to advertise an event that will be hosted at your location for a specific date and time that you want your clients or potential visitors to be able to find. With the event type posts, you can add the event title and picture with the start and end dates, with the options for start and end times, details and descriptions, with a call to action button with a link. Using an event post you can let others on the web know about a car show being hosted at your location, a family fair or holiday event, as well as especially instructor or visitor meet and greets hosted through your business.
An offer post will act as an advertisement for current and potential customers about a coupon or sale they are hosting for goods and services either online or in person. With an offer post, you have the ability to add the offer title/name, a picture, the date and times it’s available for, and any details or summary you wish about the deal itself. In addition, there are also areas to guide your visitors for a better experience by including a coupon code (if desired) a link to where it can be redeemed, and any terms and conditions you would like to outline about the promo. These offer posts are a means to document out your sales or promos provided to the public over time and track to see which ones perform better as well as ensure that you’re not using the same code twice!
Creating a Post:
- To create a post you will want to start within your account Home and from the left navigation choose Social Booster.
- Once in the Google My Business dashboard, at the top of the page click the Create Post button.
- Next, select the Post Type you want to create.
- You will then be given the option to select the social channels you would like to post to, and areas to fill in your post’s content.
- Lastly, you can save your post by using the Save Draft button or post it to your page with the Publish Now button or Schedule Post option from the arrow on the upper right.
Editing or Deleting a Post:If you ever need to edit a saved draft or published post or delete it all together you can do so from within the Social Booster dashboard.
- To begin you will want to click the Posts tab at the top of the page to see all saved drafts and published posts.
- On the bottom right of a post, click the Kebab Menu (3 dots stacked on each other).
- When the Kebab Menu opens you will see the options to Edit or Delete. Please Note: If you delete a post, it cannot be recovered and any insights or data tied to it will be lost.