How To Maintain Database Tables With phpMyAdmin
Maintaining tables in phpMyAdmin is essential to have a fully functional database. There are several functions you can use in phpMyAdmin to maintain your tables effectively.
- Log in to cPanel.
- Look for the Databases section, then click the phpMyAdmin icon.
- Locate your database, then click the + icon to expand and see all tables in the selected database.
- On the right pane, select your table(s). You can also put a checkmark on the Check All checkbox, as shown below.
- Once selected, click the With selected dropdown menu below the tables and look for Table Maintenance.
- Select action from the list.
- Analyze Table - This function generates table statistics that help improve and fix inaccurate key distributions.
- Check Table - This is usually used to check for table integrity and errors.
- Checksum Table - This is used to verify the contents of the table are still the same before and after any operation, like a backup.
- Optimize Table - This is used to reorganize or reclaim storage of table data and defragment data files for optimal performance.
- Repair Table - This is used to fix possible corrupted tables.
A confirmation prompt will appear on top to notify you that the query was successful.