Magento, Change Domain
If you need to update the domain name of your Magento installation, just follow these steps:
- Log in to cPanel.
- In the Databases section, click the phpMyAdmin icon.
- In the left-hand menu, click the link for your Magento database.
- Click the link for the core_config_data table.
- Look for the path fields named web/unsecure/base_url and web/secure/base_url. (currently, the config_id is 2 and 3.)
- Click the pencil icon for each of those rows and change each value to your new domain.
If URLs are located in other database tables, additional changes may be required depending on your site configuration. You may also need to empty your /var/cache/ folder before your domain name change will take effect.