Shippo is an integrated software company that helps e-commerce businesses to incorporate shipping with multiple carriers through an API and web application. HostGator users will now be able to utilize weight based shipping with priorities like, "Next Day, 2 Day, or Standard Shipping."
Some of the features included with the Shippo Integrated Shipping experience are:
As a customer:
- The store customer will get to select the carrier and speed of the shipping.
- The calculation of the shipping charge is real-time, based on weight and destination
- Easy to use and makes checking out a seamless experience.
- The store owner can create carrier shipping labels in our order processing area.
- The selection the customer made in the checkout is shown for order processing, while the store owner can validate or make adjustments for shipping speed and cost.
The Simple Steps:
- Create a Shippo account
- Enter Default Package Size
- Setting Up Carriers
- Enter Product Weights
- Managing Shipping
1. First, activate Integrated Shipping by navigating to your store settings and selecting Advanced Features.
(You will not be charged for anything at this time. This is for future calculations.)
7. Once you enter your details and billing information, be sure to select Allow Access to complete the account creation.
Once you have set up your Shippo account, navigate back to your account where we will add your default package size. The integrated shipping tool will begin the process of estimating shipping costs based on this information.
1. Within your Advanced Settings area, click Manage shipping settings. NOTE: If you do not see the Manage Shippo settings button you, refreshing the page should populate the correct buttons.
Once you have created your account, and set up your default package size you will need to set up the carriers you would like to provide as options to ship through.
*USPS is set up automatically for domestic customers; you can update the other carriers later.
1. Within your Advanced Settings tab, click Go to Shippo.
The last step to setting up Integrated Shipping is to enter the weights for each product you add to your store. To add product weights, first, you may want to review the process for Managing Products, which will cover how to add a product.
1. From within the store on the Products page, click on one of your products to open the Edit Product page.
2. Scroll to the bottom and enter the total weight of the product in the Weight field.
3. Enter any additional product details as needed and choose Save and Publish.
Pro Tip: The entry of basic shipping settings is required. Flat rates are used as a fall back for the store customer charges. For example, If a product's weight isn't set or experience errors. The "free shipping at a certain order value" is still supported with integrated shipping.
1. From the left navigation in your store, navigate to the Settings tab and under the Shipping Rate section choose Flat Rate, then Edit.
*You can access the Shippo account at any time by pressing the Go To Shippo button.