Installing Windows Updates
Windows Updates ensure that your server is both up-to-date and secure with each release. These updates will ultimately provide additional security and improve the overall reliability of Windows services such as with a Windows Dedicated hosting package.
Please follow the below steps to install Windows Updates:
Please repeat the steps within this article for installing Windows Updates until no further updates are found.
How to Manually Install Windows Updates
- Select the Start key and type in 'Update'.
- Click on Windows Update.
- Select Check now and allow Windows to look for recent updates.
- If updates are found, click on the X Important Updates are Available link to install the updates.
- The next page will allow you to choose which updates you wish to install. Click Install when finished selecting.
- Some updates will require you to read and accept the license terms before continuing. Select Finish to accept and initiate the update.
- Once completed, you may be asked to Restart for the changes to take affect. Select Restart Now.
If you wish to set up automated Windows Updates in the future, please see the following information :