Installing DotNetNuke 6.1.3 using WebMatrix
DotNetNuke is a widely used open source CMS for building web sites and web applications on the Microsoft Web Platform. DotNetNuke is often used in conjunction with WebMatrix, a free tool that allows for the creation, customization and publication of ASP.NET web pages.
The following tutorial will demonstrate how quick and easy it is to get your DotNetNuke application up and running!
To install the DotNetNuke application from WebMatrix:
- Select the App Gallery option.
- Choose the DotNetNuke Community Edition icon. The application can be given a new name or keep the default name.
- Select a database.
- Choose SQL Server and ensure that the Windows Integrated Authentication radio button is selected.
- Click Next.
- Once prompted to install DotNetNuke, click I Accept. The DotNetNuke Installation will take a few minutes to complete. Once completed, you will receive a confirmation message.
- Immediately after Installing DotNetNuke, load the DotNetNuke application by clicking the OK button.
To configure DotNetNuke in WebMatrix, use the Installation Wizard to complete the following steps:
- Click the Run button on the menu ribbon. Be sure to run the root folder of the DotNetNuke application.
- Upon running the DotNetNuke application, there will be three options for installation:
- The Installation Wizard will perform a permissions check. Upon completion, you will be notified.
- After the permissions check, enter your database information.
- Once all of the database information is provided, the Installation Wizard will install the database and create the connection for you.
Note: The installation of the database could take a few minutes to complete. Once installed, a confirmation message will be provided.
- Once the confirmation message is received, click Next to proceed.
- Provide your host information on the next screen.
- Click Next.
Once the installation is complete, you will be able to log into your DotNetNuke portal.