Installing DotNetNuke 6.1.3 using WebMatrix
DotNetNuke is a widely used open source CMS for building web sites and web applications on the Microsoft Web Platform. DotNetNuke is often used in conjunction with WebMatrix, a free tool that allows for the creation, customization and publication of ASP.NET web pages.
Note: DotNetNuke 8.0 has been updated to use MVC 5.1.1, which requires full trust, and cannot run on our shared servers. For additional requirements information please see the DotNetNuke documentation:
The following tutorial will demonstrate how quick and easy it is to get your DotNetNuke application up and running!
To install the DotNetNuke application from WebMatrix:
- Select the App Gallery option.
- Choose the DotNetNuke Community Edition icon. The application can be given a new name or keep the default name.
- Select a database.
- Choose SQL Server and ensure that the Windows Integrated Authentication radio button is selected.
- Click Next.
- Once prompted to install DotNetNuke, click I Accept. The DotNetNuke Installation will take a few minutes to complete. Once completed, you will receive a confirmation message.
- Immediately after Installing DotNetNuke, load the DotNetNuke application by clicking the OK button.
To configure DotNetNuke in WebMatrix, use the Installation Wizard to complete the following steps:
- Click the Run button on the menu ribbon. Be sure to run the root folder of the DotNetNuke application.
- Upon running the DotNetNuke application, there will be three options for installation:
- The Installation Wizard will perform a permissions check. Upon completion, you will be notified.
- After the permissions check, enter your database information.
- Once all of the database information is provided, the Installation Wizard will install the database and create the connection for you.
Note: The installation of the database could take a few minutes to complete. Once installed, a confirmation message will be provided.
- Once the confirmation message is received, click Next to proceed.
- Provide your host information on the next screen.
- Click Next.
Once the installation is complete, you will be able to log into your DotNetNuke portal.