Improved FTP Performance - Dreamweaver CS6
Long-time Dreamweaver users will love the new enhancements to FTP capabilities in Dreamweaver CS6. Learn about multi-channel support, asynchronous upload and download, improved file transfer queues and non-blocking server activities. These new capabilities allow you to dramatically speed up your file management tasks and keep your focus on creating great content.
Different Server Identification
Dreamweaver typically remembers which server was last uploaded to/from. As a new feature, Dreamweaver now shows more visual displays of which server the user is connected to as well which server is being uploading to by using a colored display image in the synchronization and FTP connection icons.
- Purple indicates that you are connected to a remote server.
- Orange indicates that you are connected to a testing server.
Different Icons for File Transfers
The color feature is also utilized to indicate the transferring of files between servers.
- Files that are actively being uploaded will have a green icon.
- Files that are waiting in queue to be uploaded or downloaded are marked with a red or orange icon.
In addition, when you hover over a file being uploaded/downloaded, the progress status bar will appear, showing the percent completed.
What's New in Dreamweaver CS6
- Inserting HTML5 Video Content
- Using Fluid Grid Layouts
- Selecting Multiple Classes
- Improved FTP Performance
- Enhanced jQuery Mobile Support
- Using the CSS Transitions Panel
Dreamweaver is a popular Adobe program for creating websites and applications. It supports HTML5, CSS3, PHP, FTP, jQuery and more and works with HostGator web hosting.
You can learn more about Dreamweaver by visiting Adobe's website or the video learning portal, Adobe TV. The video in this article is courtesy of Adobe TV.