Missing Sent, Trash, Drafts, Junk and Other Folders
If your Sent, Trash, Drafts, Junk and other IMAP folders are missing, subscribe to them again to make them appear.
Choose your mail client from the list below for instructions on how to subscribe to folders:
- Horde ⤵
- Roundcube ⤵
- Outlook ⤵
- iPhone, iPod Touch ⤵
- Windows Mail ⤵
- Windows Live Mail ⤵
- Thunderbird ⤵
- Mac OS X Mail Client ⤵
- Entourage ⤵
- Microsoft Outlook Express ⤵
- Eudora ⤵
- Click on the Folder Actions option at the top left pane.
- Choose the Rebuild Folder List option from the drop-down box.
- Then choose the Show All Mailboxes option from the same box.
- Go to Settings.
- Click Folders.
- Re-subscribe to each folder by clicking the check box next to each one.
- Click the Tools menu and select IMAP Folders.
- Click the account that can be found on the left pane, under IMAP in the Folder Browser option.
- Click the Subscribe button.
- Click OK.
iPhone, iPod Touch
If you sync IMAP mail account settings from your computer to iPhone or iPod touch, the IMAP folders may show under your Inbox folder. In this case, you need to specify the IMAP path prefix.
- You can enter the IMAP path prefix by choosing Settings > Mail > Account > Advanced > IMAP Path Prefix.
- Enter the word INBOX (all caps).
- Click Save.
- Click IMAP Folders.
- In the Show/Hide IMAP Folders dialog box, select a folder.
- To view the folder and download its contents, click Show.
- To hide the folder and prevent its contents from downloading, click Hide.
Windows Live Mail
In order for IMAP to work correctly with Windows Live Mail, the settings are by default set to not assign mail folders correctly. You will need to create a path for the folders under the IMAP tab on Account Properties. Be sure that the boxes for Check new messages in all folders and Store special folders on IMAP server are checked. The path for these folders are:
- Inbox: Inbox
- Drafts: Drafts
- Junk: Junk
- Deleted Items: Trash
- Sent Items: Sent
- In Folder pane, look for IMAP mail and do a right-click.
- Go to Settings > Server Settings > Advanced
- Remove the check mark on Show only Subscribed folders.
- Click OK.
- You can check to see if you can Subscribe to more folders.
Mac OS X Mail Client
- Go to Mail > Preferences > Accounts.
- Select your email account and click the Advanced tab.
- Check the box next to Automatically synchronize changed mailboxes.
- Close the Preferences panel and click save.
- Restart the entire mail program.
- If your folders are still not showing:
- Go to the View menu and select Show Mailboxes.
- Now click the expand arrow (triangle) on the left of your email name to reveal your IMAP folders.
- Select your account in the left margin to view its available IMAP folders.
- On the toolbar, click the Update List button.
- From the View menu, make sure there is no check mark next to Subscribed Only. If there is, click on it once to uncheck it.
Microsoft Outlook Express
- Under Folders on the left side of the screen, select the inbox for your email (NOT the one under Local Folders).
- Click the Tools menu > IMAP Folders
- Select desired folders.
- Click Show. Folders will appear next to selected folders.
- Click OK.
- From Eudora's Window menu, select Mailboxes.
- Click the expand arrow (triangle) on the left of your email name to reveal the available IMAP folders.
- Click on the icon at the bottom right of the mailbox list and select Refresh Mailbox List from the menu.