How to Upload or Delete Files
From time to time, you may need to upload files to your site for your audience to come review and download. After a while, you may also need to remove or update those files to maintain fresh content.
In this article, we will learn how to upload those files into your upgraded website builder* for download and how to delete the available files you have previously uploaded.
How to upload files
- To begin, launch into your main design dashboard by hitting Edit Site.
- From the Main Design Editor, select Elements from the left-hand menu.
- You will then look for and select the Files option on the left-hand menu. You will see two file types: Flash & Documents.
- Flash is computer software that produces animations, rich applications, mobile games, and embedded web browser video players.
- Documents vary by type but are text documents typically saved in either .txt, .doc, .pdf. formats.
- Select the type of file you would like to upload. (For this example, we will upload a Document.)
- At the upper right-hand corner of the Documents Slide menu, select Upload Files.
- You should see a familiar system pop-up where you can navigate to the document you want to upload. Select the File and then click Open to return to the Documents menu. You should now see the document you selected.
- Select the document to land back on the Main Design Dashboard, and you will now see a button to download the document appear that you can drag and drop where you'd like that document to be.
You can also attach a document to a button on the page.
- Select any button element and then click Attach Link.
- A pop-up menu will appear where you will see the option to select a Document.
- Select the Document you'd like to upload and then click OK.
- That's it! The button will now be linked to the document.
How to delete documents
- From the Main Design Dashboard, select Elements from the left-hand menu.
- Next, look for and select the Files option in the middle of the left-hand menu. You will see two file types: Flash & Documents. Select either option to proceed.
- From the Documents tab, hover over the desired document to reveal a checkbox at the left-hand corner of the document.
- Click the Checkbox to select the document, then click Delete in the top toolbar.
- That's it! Your document will be gone after confirming the action.