How to Transfer WordPress Users from One WordPress Site to Another
When you want to move users from one WordPress installation to a brand new installation of WordPress, it must be done via the database.
Only transfer users to an empty database. If you transfer users to a database that already contains users, existing users will be lost.
A backup should be made before doing any of the steps below.
Step 1: Export WordPress Users
You can transfer your WordPress users from one site to another site by performing the following steps:
- Log in to cPanel.
- In the Databases section, click the phpMyAdmin icon.
- From the left navigation menu, select the database that the users are being exported from. Ex. cPanelname_wrdp1.
- Choose a specific database.
- Specify the table you are transferring.
- From the top navigation menu, click Export. Explicitly export the said table.
- Select the radio button for Custom. Additional options will appear.
- Under Object creation options, check the boxes for Add DROP TABLE statement and Add CREATE PROCEDURE / FUNCTION / EVENT statement.
- Click Go.
- Save the file to your local computer. It will be needed later.
Step 2: Import Users to Destination WordPress Site
In the database of the destination WordPress site:
- From the top left navigation menu, click the Home icon.
- From the left navigation menu, select the database to which the users are being imported.
- From the top navigation menu, click Import.
- Under File to Import, click the Choose File button.
- Select the file that was previously downloaded and saved on your local PC in Step 1 above.
- Click OK.
- Click Go.
After completing the steps above, the users from your old WordPress site should have been successfully imported to your new WordPress site.