How to Tell if You Are on a New or Legacy Hosting Package
We upgraded our VPS platform to a Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM). All VPS packages from this date will be provisioned on the KVM platform. It is a more modern, robust, open-source virtualization technology built into Linux. Our KVM VPS packages will provide more control, updated tooling, and the ability to use more current operating systems in the future.
What Hosting Package Do You Have - New or Legacy Hosting?
- KVM (Kernel-based Virtual Machine) VPS / Dedicated Hosting
- KVM is our new VPS/ Dedicated hosting. Your Package ID begins with VH for VPS and DH for Dedicated hosting.
- Legacy VPS / Dedicated Hosting
- Your Package ID begins with VPS for VPS and DC for Dedicated hosting.
The sample image above shows the Package IDs of the new and legacy VPS hosting.
How To Locate Your Package ID
- Log in to your Customer Portal.
- Navigate to the Hosting section.
- Click on Manage underneath the primary domain of the hosting plan.
- On the top-left side, you will find the Package ID below your domain name.
Here are helpful articles discussing the newly added features to our KVM VPS and Dedicated hosting packages.