How to Reset Magento Password
If you forget your Magento password, you can reset it in one of three ways:
- Use the Forgot Your Password link on the Magento login screen
- Reset the password through QuickInstall
- Manually reset the password through the database with phpMyAdmin
Forgot Your Password Link
- Go to your login screen at http://example.com/customer/account/login/ (replace example.com with your actual domain and installation location).
- Click on Forgot Your Password under the login form.
- Enter the email address of the account you're trying to log into.
- Click Submit to have the password sent to your email address.
QuickInstall Password Reset
- Log into cPanel.
- Under Software/Services, click QuickInstall.
- At the top of the page, click Manage Installations
- Click the gear next to the installation for which you would like the password reset.
- Select the user you want to reset.
- Type in your new password or generate a password with the Generate Password button.
- Click Change Password to change the password for the selected user.
Manual Password Reset
- Log into cPanel.
- Under Databases, click phpMyAdmin.
- Click on the Magento database (if you installed this through QuickInstall this will be named
mgnt#) from the left panel list.
- Click admin_user from the left panel list.
- Under username, you will see the list of registered users. Under the user for whom you'd like to reset the password, click edit.
- Under the password column, clear the value on the far right and replace it with the password you would like to use.
- Under Function, select MD5 from the drop-down menu.
- At the bottom of the page click GO.
- Go back to modify the password one last time and add
:hgto the end of the newly generated hash (you can replace
hgwith anything you like).
- At the bottom of the page click Go once more.