How to rename database tables in phpMyAdmin
This article demonstrates how easy it is to rename mySQL tables in phpMyAdmin.
Begin by accessing phpMyAdmin via cPanel or Plesk.
- Click on the database you wish to work on (from list of databases on the phpMyAdmin home screen).
- Once inside of the database, select a table by clicking on it.
- Once inside the table, click on the Operations tab.
- Scroll down to Table options where there is the option to change the name of the table.
- Where it says Rename table to, enter the new name for the table.
- When you are ready to proceed, click on Go.
The table will be renamed to the new name.