How to Redirect a Subdomain to Another Page
HostGator control panel allows you to redirect visitors from one subdomain to another domain. There are many possible reasons why subdomains are being redirected. Here are a few of them:
- Your subdomain's web pages were moved to another directory or location. For example, you can redirect shopping.hgexample.com to cart.hgexample.com.
- You need to forward your visitors to a specific location on your site or to get them back to your main website. For example, you need to redirect visitors of main.hgexample.com to hgexample.com.
How to set up redirection of subdomain
To redirect your subdomain:
- Log in to cPanel.
- Look for the Domains section, then click the Subdomains icon.
- Under Modify a Subdomain, locate the domain you want to redirect, then click its Manage Redirection link on the right.
- In the text box, type the URL you would like visitors to be redirected to if they go to the subdomain sample1.hgexample.com.
- Click Save. You will see the redirected URL under the Redirection column.
When you visit the subdomain sample1.hgexample.com, you should be redirected to the specified page, http://subdomain1.hgexample.com.
How to remove redirection of subdomain
To remove subdomain redirection:
- In the Subdomain section, look for the subdomain you want to remove redirection.
- Click its Manage Redirection link on the right.
- On the next page, click on the Disable Redirection button.
- A success prompt will be displayed. Your subdomain will no longer redirect.