How to Migrate Your Current Site from MobileMe
Unfortunately MobileMe has been shut down by Apple as of June 30, 2012. However, Apple has provided us with a short time in which you can retrieve your files from their servers.
If you no longer have a copy of your web site in iWeb, you can download the data directly from your MobileMe iDisk then, upload it to a third-party hosting service. In order to access your files, you will need to log in from the web.
- Starting from http://www.me.com you may notice that there have been some changes, because the service has ended. In order to access your previous web files please select 'iDisk' from the new login screen.
- Next, you will want to use your login credentials for MobileMe. From the Action menu (look for the gear) select Preferences. Uncheck "Show simple folder layout". Click Save.
- In iDisk, navigate to Web > Sites.
- Once in the Sites folder, look for the folder named after your existing iWeb-published site.
- You can download your sites by selecting the folder(s) you wish to download, and then clicking the download icon.
- Your site will be compressed for faster downloading. Once the file has finished being zipped, click the download button.
Apple may discontinue the ability to transfer your site at any time, so it is suggested that you take action as soon as possible to ensure you still have a copy of your site.