How to Manage Store Orders
Looking for help for the GATOR Builder by HostGator Website Builder product? Please see GATOR's Knowledge Base.
This content only applies to those using GATOR Builder by HostGator.
So you’ve started making sales in your online store and are excited to send your products out to those that have placed an order. If you’ve never processed an order without store before though, this can seem like a daunting task but we are here to guide you through what you need to do to not only make sure that your orders are sent out without a hitch but also ensure that the system tracks and keeps your orders up to date. Read below to find out how!
- Begin within the Orders tab of your store. Here you will see a few tabs the separate your orders into if they are In Progress, Completed, or Canceled. By default, you will be shown the In Progress orders first since all new orders will come in as In Progress.
- Next, we will need to action on the orders and review the details. Click on any Order you would like to review.
- On the order page you will be able to see an overview of what the customer has ordered. Make sure to check the quantity and any variations that the user has added before packing the order to ship.
Protip: If a customer has entered any special instructions for their order it can be found under the Customer Details tab under the Notes section.
- Once you have packed the order for shipping, you can print an address label or create a shipping label with tracking if you are using integrated shipping. For more information on Creating an address label or shipping label check out our article: Create a Shipping Label.
- Once you have the order sent out, you will want to update your order status from In Progress to Shipped using the drop-down from the upper right.
- Once you have selected the new order status you will get a new pop up window confirming the status change and an area to include any notes. If you have created a shipping label via Shippo with integrated shipping, a link tied to the tracking number will automatically be added to this area. Once everything looks good click Submit.
- The system will now move your order to the Completed tab in your store and send an email to your customer letting them know the order has shipped.