How To Link A Domain
- GATOR WEBSITE BUILDER CONTENT -
No worries if you already have a cool domain name purchased with another company. You can still use it with your Gator website.
The process of linking or pointing a domain is relatively simple and carried out through the control panel with the company you bought the Domain through.
Before contacting the other company, though, you'll want to run through the following steps:
- Log in to your Gator account and select Domains from the left-hand menu to link a domain.
- On the new page, you'll see three areas:
- Add a new Domain: Register a new Local domain name.
- Connect a current domain: Link a new 3rd Party Domain.
- My Domains: To manage Local and Linked 3rd Party Domains.
- Click the Connect Your Domain button from the Connect a current domain card.
- A window will open for you to enter your Domain name.
- Click Connect to proceed.
- The next screen provides instructions for your Registrar account - this refers to the company where you purchased your Domain or where you have 'registered it.' Select Next to move to the next step.
- Choose if you would like to assign one of your site designs to the Domain and click Next when your desired option is selected.
- Click Finish to submit your Domain to Gator account.
Next, connect your domain from your current registrar
Once you've finished with those steps in your Gator account, you'll also need to complete the following with your domain registrar account:
- Log in to your registrar account, which is the company where you purchased your Domain.
- Find the DNS management section in their dashboard or control panel.
- Follow the steps to add an A Record that points to our IP address.
If you have questions about adding the A Record to your registrar account, you should refer to that company's instructions and support for information on completing this process.