How To Edit Sections
Using Sections on your pages isn't something you should focus a lot of time on, however, is very important to your web design. Every template comes with predefined sections for simplicity, but you have some additional options to add or change how people interact with your sections should you desire. The basic idea is that every website should have a Heading (or beginning), a Body (with 2-3 sub-sections), and a Footer (or end). You can customize each page using Sections inside the website builder tool, adding new sections and moving those sections around the page to organize your content how you feel looks best.
In this article, we will cover the basics of How to Edit Sections and the Basic Settings. This most logical time you might add or edit sections includes when you need more page space for a different kind of content or when you have a variety of the same content you want to separate into "sections." Ideally, you want to work within the realm of the template wire-frame provided as they're designed with "best practices" in mind.
Pro Tip: It's never wrong to add a section, but sometimes your information is better served by its page. Keep in mind; you want to engage your user and encourage them to click through your pages. Separating the content into pages is an excellent way to accomplish this.
To begin editing Sections, look for this option from your left-hand menu and click on it.
A pop-up menu will appear where you can:
- Add New Sections from a list of available options by clicking the button.
- Select a section within the menu to navigate to that specific section on the right.
- Rearrange by dragging to the order you prefer. (Within the header and footer.)
- "Hide" sections by clicking on the desktop computer icon.
When you hover over a section from the main design dashboard, you will see a small green colored pop-up appear (see image above) in the top left-hand corner of each section with the title of that section inside of it.
When you click on the background of a section (the colored section to the left or right of your design elements), the green pop-up will turn orange showing you a settings menu.
- Change Style of the Section, such as colors, borders, and backgrounds.
- Change Section Design or Look of this section.
- Change overall Settings like SEO and Behaviors.
- Change Size and Position manually, including Width and Height.
- Add Animations like "flip" effects or "fade in" effects.