How to Disable PHP Safe Mode - Windows Shared
When enabled, PHP safe mode places restrictions on certain functions of scripts for security reasons; however, some scripts may require safe mode to be disabled. Windows Shared hosting customers can disable safe mode, as well as view and modify the PHP configuration for their websites, through the PHP Settings option in Plesk.
PHP safe mode can be disabled by following the steps below:
- Log into the Plesk control panel.
- Click on the Websites & Domains tab.
- In the list of domains, beneath the domain you'd like to manage, click on the downward arrow.
- Click on the PHP Settings icon.
- Next to safe_mode, in the Common settings section, select off from the drop-down menu.