How to Create Drop-Down Menus in the Express Editor
Looking for help for the Gator Website Builder product? Please see Gator's Knowledge Base.
This content only applies to those using Gator Website Builder.
Drop-down menus or sub-navigation pages are an easy way to sort and organize different pages on your website’s navigation. You have possibly seen this functionality on a site before or if you have too many pages to fit in an organized fashion on a single bar it is a great option for ease of navigation for your site visitors.
If you need help creating pages check out: Adding and Deleting Pages in the Express Editor
To Add a Drop-Down Menu
- Begin within your website editor.
- Select Pages from the left-hand menu.
- In the Pages menu, find the page that you want to be in the menu bar first and arrange the page(s) that you would like to appear in the drop-down to be directly below it.
- Click and drag or slide the page from the 6 dots within the right side of the page bar slightly to the right by clicking and holding it.
- Release the page, below the first, making a step (or separate column) of pages offset from the beginning.
- Then move each page one-by-one. You will see the navigation update as you do so, to indicate where a drop-down will occur.auto
- And that's it! The pages you slide beneath the first with now be in a drop-down menu when you preview your webpage.