How To Check SSL Status Within cPanel
This article will walk you through using the SSL/TLS Status section in cPanel. In this section, you can view your certificate details, run Auto SSL, and include or exclude the domain in Auto SSL.
Where To Find the SSL/TLS Status in cPanel
- Log in to cPanel.
- Navigate to the Security section, then click on the SSL/TLS Status icon.
SSL/TLS Status Navigation
You can use the SSL/TLS Status page to view your domain's SSL status.
- Search Function – You can search for your domain's certificate information. Using the Search function, you can click on the Gear icon to view the Advanced Settings. Expand the Advanced Settings to filter your search.
- Check AutoSSL Options - You can run AutoSSL and set a domain to be included or excluded in AutoSSL.
Include Domain During AutoSSL- The domain's expired certificate will be renewed when you run AutoSSL.
Exclude Domains from AutoSSL - The domain’s expired certificate will not be renewed when you run AutoSSL.
Run Auto SSL - It is a global setting that can be toggled in the cPanel account. It uses crons to renew automatically and replaces self-signed certificates for all domains in a cPanel account.
- Domains Table – This shows a list of certificates used by your domains. Icons will show the type and status of the certificates.
Below are the icons that show the kind of SSL that is installed on a domain.
- Certificate Status – This shows why the SSL is not working, the timestamp when the system runs AutoSSL and the domain's certificate information.
For more information, you can check cPanel's Documentation.