How to Change Name Servers with United Domains
While HostGator cannot modify DNS at third party registrars on your behalf, we can provide you with instructions on how to do so. Here's how you can change your DNS with United Domains.
Step 1: Find the DNS for Your Hosting Account
The first step is to find out which name servers you should use for your HostGator hosting account; this varies by server and type of hosting. For instructions on how to find your DNS, please read the following article:
Step 2: Change your DNS
Follow the instructions below to update the DNS for your domain with United Domains:
- Log into your United Domains account.
- Click on the My Domains tab to view the domains listed on the account.
- Locate the domain to be updated.
- Click on the the NS/DNS button on the far right. You will then be redirected to the DNS contol panel.
- In the Set Name Server/Parking section, type in your HostGator name servers exactly as they were provided in the welcome email.
- Complete the required fields.
- Click Save.
HostGator customers can change their domain DNS within the cPanel interface. For more information, please see the related articles: