How to Change Name Servers with TierraNet
While HostGator cannot modify DNS at third party registrars on your behalf, we can provide you with instructions on how to do so. Here's how you can change your DNS at Tierra.net.
Step 1: Find the DNS for Your Hosting Account
The first step is to find out which name servers you should use for your HostGator hosting account; this varies by server and type of hosting. For instructions on how to find your DNS, please read the following article:
Step 2: Change your DNS
To change your Tierra.net DNS:
- Sign in to your Tierra.net login page.
- Click Domains > Domains Home from the drop down menu.
- Click Advanced Settings > Name Servers.
- Click Edit.
- Choose the domain name for which you are updating the DNS.
- Delete server names currently listed.
- Input the DNS information from step 1.
- Click Preview Changes.
- Click Confirm Changes.
HostGator customers can change their domain DNS within the cPanel interface. For more information, please see the related articles: