How to Change Your Namecheap Name Servers
While HostGator cannot modify DNS at third-party registrars on your behalf, we can provide you with instructions on how to do so. Here's how you can change your DNS at Namecheap.com.
Step 1: Find the DNS for Your Hosting Account
The first step is to find out which name servers you should use for your HostGator hosting account; this varies by server and hosting. For instructions on how to find your DNS, please read the following article:
Step 2: Change your DNS
- Sign in to your Namecheap.com dashboard.
- Select Domain List from the left-hand sidebar.
- Click the Manage button to the right of the domain you wish to update.
- Navigate to the Name servers section, select Custom from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your name servers on the dotted lines.
- Click Add Name server if you have more than two name servers.
- Click the checkmark in the edited section to save your changes.
HostGator customers can change their domain DNS within the cPanel interface. For more information, please see the related articles: