How to Change Name Servers with Dotster
While HostGator cannot modify DNS at third party registrars on your behalf, we can provide you with instructions on how to do so. Here's how you can change your DNS at Dotster.com.
Step 1: Find the DNS for Your Hosting Account
The first step is to find out which name servers you should use for your HostGator hosting account; this varies by server and type of hosting. For instructions on how to find your name servers, please read the following article:
Step 2: Update DNS
- Sign in to your Dotster.com Domain Central control panel.
- Click the + (plus) sign to the left of the domain name that you wish to update your DNS for.
- Click the Name Servers tab.
- Click Use different name servers.
- Input the name servers found in your HostGator welcome email.
- Click Save.
HostGator customers can change their domain DNS within the cPanel interface. For more information, please see the related articles: