How to Change Name Servers with Dotster
While HostGator cannot modify DNS at third-party registrars on your behalf, we can provide you with instructions on how to do so. Here's how you can change your DNS at Dotster.com.
Step 1: Find the DNS for Your Hosting Account
The first step is to find out which name servers you should use for your HostGator hosting account; this varies by server and hosting. For instructions on how to find your name servers, please read the following article:
Step 2: Update DNS
- Sign in to your Dotster.com Domains Dashboard.
- Click Manage on the domain name that you wish to modify.
- Click the Gear Icon if you are in the list view.
- Click on the DNS & Nameservers on the menu.
- Click the three-dotted icon to edit your name servers.
- Input the name servers found in your HostGator welcome email.
- Click Save.
HostGator customers can change their domain DNS within the cPanel interface. For more information, please see the related articles: