How to Change File Permissions in Plesk
In some cases, you may wish to increase or decrease the security of a file; or you may need to adjust the permissions of certain script files before they can be run. It is possible to change those file permissions using Plesk. The instructions below will guide you through the process of changing file permissions in Plesk.
- Log into Plesk control panel.
- If your account has more than one domain, click on the domain name for which you wish to modify file permissions.
- Click the Websites & Domains tab.
- Click the File Manager icon for the site you wish to manage the files for:
- Click the v icon next to the right of the file or folder and click Change Permissions:
- On the left side, you will see a listing of users for whom you can set permissions. Select the user for whom you wish to set file permissions.
- Once you have selected the user, you will be able to make changes to the permissions on the right side of the screen.
Note: If you wish to change permissions for a specific user, you will need to click Advanced.
- At the top of the screen you can make some additional global permissions changes for the file or folder you have selected.
- Allow inheritable permissions... will set the file or folder to inherit the permissions of the parent folder.
- Replace permission entries... will propagate the selected permissions from the current folder to the child folders
- Click OK to save the change after every action.