Add or Change Instagram Live Feed
With something like 800,000,000 active user subscriptions, Instagram is definitely a logical addition to any website. You can now connect your Instagram account with your website to gain new followers and connect with more customers across your many channels. Your Instagram feed will become a live feed on your website, with your photos automatically showing up and grabbing the attention of website visitors.
In this article, we will discuss the basics of adding an Instagram feed and connecting your account to it as well as changing and deactivating. To start connecting your Instagram account to your website, first, make sure you are logged into your Instagram account on your web browser and proceed with the steps below:
Adding Instagram Feed:
- Click the Elements tab on the left-hand menu within the editor.
- Click on Live Feeds to open a menu of Feed options and select Instagram.
- Once you select Instagram, you can place the Image Gallery feed anywhere on the page.
- Once you place the Image Gallery on the page, a new window will pop-up for you to accept permissions allowing HostGator to connect your Instagram account to your website via our SocialBooster tool.
- Once finished you will now see a small banner at the bottom of your element only within the website editor reminding you how many days you have left before you need to reauthenticate the connection. Pro Tip: There may be a 5-10 minute delay for new photos on your Instagram account to show up on your website.
Updating Linked Instagram Feed:
To update the linked Instagram account, there are a few steps to resolve in order to complete the process. Before you begin, make sure you delete the linked Instagram Element from your builder since you will need to re-add the newly connected feed when ready.
Since your Instagram feed is linked by an internal application, you will first need to navigate to Instagram on your web browser.
- From your account’s profile page at instagram.com, click the gear symbol next to Edit Profile.
- A pop-up will appear where you can select Log Out. Alternatively, you can use the Switch Account option from your Instagram feed page.
- Now you will be taken to the Login screen for the new account.
- Proceed to log into the desired account.
Once you are in the correct Instagram account, Navigate back to your website builder and follow the steps above for Adding Instagram Feed
Updating Social Links:To update your Social Links and Icons on the website, check out our article Add Social Buttons/Link Social Accounts.
If you wish to disconnect your Instagram account from your website, you can do so by removing the image gallery element from the page on your website.
- Simply click on the Gallery and a toolbar will display.
- To delete the gallery, click the Trash icon from the toolbar. Your Instagram feed will no longer be displayed on your website.
- Alternatively: You can also disconnect your Instagram from your website by logging into Instagram and revoking the access under the Authorized Applications tab, under the Settings menu.