How to Add a PDF Download to Posts in WordPress
To add a PDF to a WordPress post, from the left-hand navigation menu in WordPress:
- Click Posts>Add New.
- Click on the Add Media button above the text box.
- Drag your desired PDF file from your computer and drop it into the WordPress upload screen, or click Upload Files > Select Files.
- When desired files have been added, click Insert into post.
A link to the PDF file will be included in your post.
Rename the Link
- In the visual editor in WordPress, highlight the text (link).
- Change the text to what it needs to say.
- Click > Preview to view changes.
- Click > Publish when complete.
Downloading and Reading PDF Files in WordPress
To download the uploaded file, right click on the newly created link and choose Save As.
To open/read the file, right click on the newly created link and choose Open in New Tab. The .pdf file should open automatically.