How Do I Get the 45-day Money Back Refund?
We're sorry to see you go. If we can do anything to make it better, please let us know.
To get the 45-day money-back guarantee for your shared, reseller, or VPS hosting, please cancel your account within the first 45 days of purchase. We cannot refund you until the cancellation request is complete.
- Refund not valid for dedicated servers, administrative fees, install fees for custom software, or domain name purchases.
- Offer valid only for the first package purchased for billing accounts less than 45 days old.
- Refunds for orders of only $0.01 are not eligible.
- Packages paid for with check, money order, or bank wire transfers are not eligible for refund.
- If your plan includes a free domain name and you cancel within 1 year, our standard fee of $15.00 for the domain name (and any applicable taxes) (the "Domain Name Fee") will be deducted from your refund.
Web Hosting Account Cancel Steps
- Cancel your account via the online cancellation form (See section 13 of our Terms of Service for additional information regarding the cancellation process.)
- You will receive an automatic reply confirming we have your request.
- Wait for a separate cancellation-confirmation email (up to 48 hours later).
- Reply back to the cancellation-confirmation email and ask for your refund.
- You must get written confirmation from HostGator stating the amount of your refund.
- Please allow up to 15 days for your credit card or PayPal to show the refund.