How Do I Get the 45-day Money Back Refund?
We're sorry to see you go. If we can do anything to make it better, please let us know.
To get the 45-day money-back guarantee for your shared, reseller, or VPS hosting, please cancel your account within the first 45 days of purchase. We cannot refund you until the cancellation request is complete.
- Refund not valid for dedicated servers, administrative fees, installation fees for custom software, other setup fees, domain name purchases, or certain add-on services, including SiteLock.
- Offer valid only for the first package purchased for billing accounts less than 45 days old.
- Refunds for orders of only $0.01 are not eligible.
- Packages paid for with check, money order, or bank wire transfer are not eligible for a refund.
- If your plan includes a free domain name and you cancel within one year, our standard fee for the domain name (and any applicable taxes) (the "Domain Name Fee") will be deducted from your refund.
Please see section 13 of our Terms of Service for complete details on our money-back guarantee and section 14 for details regarding the cancellation process before filling out our cancellation form or view our article regarding How Do I Cancel My Account.
Web Hosting Account Cancellation Steps
- You may terminate or cancel the Hosting Account by giving HostGator written notice via the cancellation form. (See section 14 of our Terms of Service for additional information regarding the cancellation process.)
- You should immediately receive an automatic email with a tracking number stating that "Your request has been received...." If you do not hear back from us or do not receive the automatic confirmation email within an hour after submitting your cancellation form, please contact us immediately via phone or Live Chat.
- Once you know we have your request, please allow us 72 hours to verify your identity and close your account. Your account will remain active until you receive our follow-up email confirming you were canceled successfully. Your cancellation confirmation will contain a ticket/tracking number in the subject line for your reference and for verification purposes.
- We will issue the refund back to the original form of payment. Please allow up to 2 weeks for the refund to post. If you are using PayPal as your payment method, you will need to remove that subscription or billing agreement to avoid any further charges.
- Unless you tell us otherwise, shared and reseller accounts will be canceled on the next renewal date, and you will continue to have access to your account until that time. If you want the cancellation to be effective on any date other than the next renewal date, please let us know when we contact you to confirm your cancellation. We can cancel the account according to your instructions. Cancellations for dedicated and VPS accounts will be effective immediately.
We require all cancellations to be done through the online form in order to confirm your identity, confirm in writing that you are prepared for all of your files and emails to be removed, and document the request. This process aims to reduce the likelihood of mistakes, fraudulent/malicious requests, and to ensure that you are aware that your files, emails, and account may be removed immediately and permanently after a cancellation request is processed.