How Can I Transfer My Blogger Site to HostGator Hosting?
Since Blogger (Blogspot) isn't an actual hosting company, there's no way to directly transfer your site from Blogger to your HostGator; however, Blogger has a feature that will allow you to export your site content to a universal format.
You can visit Google support for help exporting your Blogger content.
Transfer Your Blogger Site to HostGator
WordPress supports importing directly from your Blogger account. Below is your guide in exporting your Blogger site.
- Log in to cPanel.
- Navigate to the Software section, then click on Softaculous Apps Installer.
- Install WordPress.
- Once WordPress is installed, navigate your WordPress Admin area at example.com/wp-admin (replacing example.com with your actual domain name).
- Navigate to the Tools section, then click on import.
- From the options on the screen, click on Install Now under the Blogger option.
- Once Blogger is installed,
- Select Blogger., click in the Run Importer.
- On the new page, you can now import your Blogger backup, which is an XML file.
- Click on the Upload and Import button.
Voila! You have successfully imported your Blogger site!