Hiding Your Site From Search Engines
However, suppose you find yourself making significant design changes, updating duplicate or out-of-date content, or hosting gated content on your site and don't want your website to appear in Google searches. In that case, you have the option to hide your website.
- Start by clicking the Edit Site button and going into the website editor.
- Once inside, click the Manage option in the left-hand menu, with the gear icon next to it.
- Next, click the Advanced tab within the pop-up menu.
- A window will appear, and at the top of the window, you'll see a box that says, Hide Site From Search Engines.
- Check the box and hit Save to hide your site while making changes.
- Finally, click Publish to ensure search engines do not index this site.