Fast Ways to Search the HostGator Support Portal
For those of you who search HostGator's Support Portal (aka Knowledge Base) a lot, here are some tips that may make searching easier.
Setup HostGator Support Portal Search in Firefox
Firefox has a neat feature where you can add search engines. While most people think of search engines as being Google or the Bing Network search engines, Firefox considers any search enabled site to be a search engine, although not necessarily on the same grand scale.
What this means is that you can add HostGator Support Portal Search to Firefox and search the knowledge base without even being on our site.
- In Firefox, in the search box, click on the icon for the current search engine (which probably would be Google).
- On the drop down list that appears, click on Add "HostGator Support Portal Search"
- Click on the icon for the current search engine again, and then select HostGator Support Portal Search.
You can now search our site directly from Firefox.
Search HostGator Support Portal using Keywords in Firefox
You can set it up so that your have a shortcut you can type to quickly search our site. Here is how you set it up:
- Visit https://support.hostgator.com
- Right click on the search box on that page.
- On the drop down menu that appears, click on Add a Keyword for this Search...
- In the dialog box that appears, select the folder you want the bookmark in, and then type kb in the keywords box.
- Click Save.
Now, to search the site, you only need to type
kb test and it will search the site for "test" automatically.
You can substitute
kb for whatever keyword you want.