Embedding External Sites as a Section
Being able to embed an external webpage within your site is a great way to seamlessly integrate 3rd party tools into your website, such as reservations, food, and event registration.
- First, you will want to copy a secure URL of a compatible site that starts with HTTPS. Some websites will not have a security certificate or SSL or be restricted from being embedded within other websites
For example, this is a secure URL:
This is not a secure URL:
- Once you have your URL you will want to launch your website editor.
- Navigate to the page that you would like to add the section to, and between any 2 sections, click the + Add Section icon or + Sections tab from the left.
- From the left, choose the Embed URL category and then click the design in the panel to the right to add the section to the page.
- Now that you have the section on your site, navigate to the Settings Panel on the right side of the screen and under Iframe URL click the sample URL to open the entry window.
- In the window that opens, paste your URL into the entry area, then click Save.
- If your URL is compatible, you will now see the site embedded as a section.
- Finally, for your section to go live on your website, you will always want to Save and Publish using the button at the top of the editor.