Editing Text (VIDEO)
Nothing is more critical to your website than the message it portrays through its content. Since creating text will be an area where you spend most of your creative energy, your website builder quickly copies, paste, and format your written words into professionally stylized text. Below is a video walkthrough of this feature.
In this article, we will cover the detailed steps of Adding Text into your website builder. For a simpler version of this check out: Adding Text Continue reading also to learn more about Editing Text and the Text Toolbar Advanced Settings.
You can add a text block anywhere on your page by clicking the Elements tab in your website builder dashboard and selecting Text.
You can then select the style of text you would like: Heading 1, Heading 2, Heading 3, or paragraph.
Click the style of text you need, then place the text block where you want it on your page.
- H1 = The Largest Heading Style
- H2 = Medium Sized Heading
- H3 = Standard Sized Heading
- Paragraph = Standard Text Block
Once you place the text block where you would like, click on the text again to show the toolbar.
You can now rewrite the text, change fonts, alignment, insert hyperlinks, and do anything to the design of the text to suit your needs.
Pro Tip: Once you have added your text to the page, you can drag and drop the text to a new location, or edit the text at any time. To change text, double-click on any text within the page to start editing. When finished, make sure to save your edits and then click Publish to make the changes live. It's recommended to have your text already typed up and saved into a word editor to spell check and keep a safe draft in case the editor experiences an issue.
Editing Text Toolbar Settings:
When you single-click on text from within the builder, a toolbar will appear over the selected text field with some essential tools (icons) to adjust your content.
- Change Text Style: to one of the presets available (Heading 1, Hader 2 Paragraphs, etc.)
- Change Font: from the preset template. (more fonts available in "Other Options.")
- Change Font Size: The physical size of the text.
- Change Text Alignment
- Bold, Italic, Underlined or
- Link Text to page or URL.
- Add Text Color, Highlight Text, or add a Shadow to your text.
- Add An Animation.
- Bring Element Forward (above other elements.)
- Send Element Back (put it behind another element.)
- Duplicate Text field,
- Delete Text Field
- More Options
- Click on More from the text toolbar to reveal an expanded menu.
From the More Toolbar, you can:
- Adjust Letter Spacing. (Example VS. E x a m p l e)
- Adjust Line Height (reduce or expand paragraph or sentence spacing)
- Add Subscript or Superscript. (Smaller text placed next to or above standard sized text.)
- Add Number list or Bullet Points.
- Change Box Color.
- Change Border Color, Width, and Radius
- Add Background Image to text.
- Add Padding to the text area.
- Change Docking location (left, centered, stretched, or right)
- Add Drop Shadow or Glow to Text.
- Clear all formatting.
- Advanced Settings.
The Advanced tab:
Although there are a lot of the same options in the Settings as there are in the Text Toolbar, you can adjust quite a few more settings from this section.
From the Text Toolbar, Click the Advanced tab to open the Text Settings pop-up menu.
Some of the more important features here are the SEO elements, behaviors, style, size, position, and animations.
Pro Tip: Over time, you'll find that there is plenty of settings available to choose. As you will see, the more you use the builder, the more familiar you become at it.
The best recommendation we can make is to start by getting in there and testing out all the options to see what they do. Add some sample text, run through the settings, change things. Delete the text when finished. As you become familiar with what you can,/can't do and new ways to go about customizing your Elements, remember, this builder is always changing and growing.
For information on Adding Editing Images See: Adding And Editing Images (VIDEO)