E-Commerce in Weebly
While E-Commerce in Weebly is easy to understand and use, it is complex enough to ensure that you will be able to provide your customers with an attractive and secure shopping environment. This article will show you how to:
Create a Store
To create a store on your website:
- Click the Store tab.
- The overview of the Store will then be displayed.
- To complete creation of the store, select the following settings for more information:
Configure Your Store
Any orders placed via the site will be shown here. The orders can be exported for certain date ranges and either as a CSV or Quickbooks file.
Orders can be searched via the customer's name, phone number, city, zip code, or order number. The filter next to the search will allow you to show only certain order statuses. The following is a listing of all of the statuses an order can have:
|Pending||Physical Goods||New order default status once an item has been purchased.|
|Canceled||Physical Goods and Services||Order has been marked as canceled.|
|Shipped||Physical Goods||Once the order has been prepped for shipping and tracking information has been logged.|
|Returned||Physical Goods and Services||Item has been returned.|
|Sent||Digital Goods and Services||For a item or service that was paid for. Digital goods has been emailed.|
|Completed||Services||Service has been rendered.|
|Refunded||Physical Goods, Digital Goods, and Services||Refund has been issued to the customer.|
To provide customers with a discount you can create a coupon to apply a percentage discount, price discount, or free shipping (shipping rates must be set up first). To add coupons to your store:
- Use a unique code for your coupon code. This will be what customer's use to apply the discount at checkout.
- Here you can set if the coupon can only be used a certain amount of times, or be unlimited uses.
- Next, set if the coupon has an end date or if it will never expire. When an end date is added the coupon will be valid until midnight of that date.
- Select the coupon type, percentage discount, price discount, or free shipping and then set the amount in the field below.
- Choose what will be discounted,
- All Orders - Applies the coupon to any order that meets the date constraints.
- Orders over a certain amount - Applies the coupon to orders to the specified amount. Example, if the discount amount is set to $50, any orders that are $50 will be able to use the coupon.
- Specific Categories - Applies the coupon to orders
- Specific Items - Applies the coupon to orders that have certain item(s). The coupon cannot be selected for SKUs or options of a item.
- Click Save.
Here you can manage all of the items for your store and the badge settings of the items. You can also Import Items via a CSV file, Etsy, or Shopify Store. The Export Items will send a CSV file to the email address listed in the Setup tab.
Follow the steps below to add items:
- Click Add Item.
- Enter a name for your Item.
- Provide a description of the item.
- To the right-hand side add photos of the item to be displayed.
- Scroll down to select the type of item, Physical, Digital, or Service. Then define the settings below:
- Sale Price (Optional)
- Weight (Optional - Only available for Physical)
- Tax Exempt
- SKU (Optional)
- Track Inventory
- Download Limit (Only available for Digital)
- Add the item to any categories.
- Next, add in any Item Options that
- For Digital Items an Uploader will appear at the bottom.
- Configure the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for a item:
- Item Permalink (Optional)
- SEO Title
- SEO Description
New categories can be added by navigating to Items, Categories, and then clicking on Add Category in the top right-hand corner. On the next page, give the category a name, add an image, and add any items, and select a layout for the category page. Optionally SEO information can be added to the category.
To allow customers to leave ratings and reviews of items, go to Items, Reviews, and then click Enable in the top right-hand corner. Next, you can set how long of a timeframe passes before the request for review email is sent to the customer.
To change the look of the review email, navigate to the Store Emails tab.
In the Store Emails tab, you can specify what email address Weebly should show to your customer's when they receive an email from the store and what email address you should be notified of upon any new orders.
To edit the store emails, click ⋯ and then Edit Email. You will then have options to Add Footer Message, Add Header Message, and to Send Test Email.
The Setup tab will let you configure your Weebly store, its' settings, and how it looks. The following sections can be modified by clicking Edit in the corner:
- General - Defaults for the store such as currency, units, and shopping cart options.
- Store Information - Add your company information here to be used for shipping and to be displayed in store emails.
- Layout - Set how the categories, items, images, and social media icons should be displayed.
- Tracking - Add Google Analytics code to track visitors.
Associate your merchant processor account with Weebly by navigating to Setup, Checkout, then clicking Connect to the right of your preferred merchant. Next, you will be prompted to either create a new account or log in to an existing account with the selected merchant.
The next sections will allow you to set up Store Policies for returns and shipping and then Checkout Options to toggle fields on the checkout page.
Set up your store's shipping address by going to Setup, Shipping, and then Add Shipping Address on the right-hand side. Here you can select to use the address listed in setup or add a new address.
Next, you can add shipping rules to where you will be shipping your items to. To add a new rule click on Add Shipping Rule, use the drop-down to select the country or continent, and once the selection has been added you can click Edit to expand or narrow down the shipping area. Repeat the process to add more countries to the listing.
Once the shipping area has been defined, click Add Rate at the top right of the popup to specify how the shipping rates will be calculated and applied. Select one of the following shipping rate options from the drop-down:
- Order Price - Set a minimum and maximum order price range and it's shipping rate.
- Order Weight - Set a minimum and maximum order weight and it's shipping rate.
- Quantity - Set a minimum and maximum order quantity and it's shipping rate.
- Flat Rate - Set shipping rate per item or per order.
- Free Shipping - Set free shipping by price or weight.
For your store to calculate taxes you will need to go to Setup, Taxes and first make sure that your physical store address is correctly listed. Next, tax rates can be added for each country that you will ship to by,
- Clicking Add Tax Rate.
- Select the country from the drop-down.
- Manually add in the country tax rate and tax name to be displayed.
- For the United States, automatic tax calculations are available.
- Click Save in the right-hand corner of the popup.
Tax calculation settings are if taxes are included in item price and if taxes should be charged on shipping rates.
The Weebly Build tab has several different elements to use to display items on the site.
To sell several items on the same page, drag and drop the Items element to the page. Add categories or items via the selection page, as shown below:
On the next page, choose a layout for the item page.
To manage the items and the settings click on the items element to bring up the settings pop-up. Here you will be able to modify the following:
- Manage Items - Add or remove items from showing. Change the priority of the items and view the item in the store.
- Change Layout - Select a different layout for the items.
- Columns - Change how many columns are shown.
- Display Options - Use this to change the following settings:
- Image Options - Use to toggle the item image display and the aspect ratio.
- Button Options - Use to toggle the button display, the modify the button text, and the style of the item button.
- Name - To toggle the display of the item name.
- Price - To toggle the display of the item price.
- Short Description - To toggle the display of the item name.
- Information Placement - Use to change how the item text displays.
- Pagination - Update what is displayed for multiple item pages and how many items are sown per page.
The Categories store element will display all of the categories that are selected from the pop-up.
After the categories are added, choose a layout for the category display.
Click on the category element for the settings pop-up. You will now be able to manage the item categories, change the layout, modify the columns shown, update the display options for images, buttons, information, and the pagination for multiple category pages.
Placing a Item element will show a single item. If the item has options set the main item cannot be selected, only one of the options can be used.
The pop-up allows you to make several changes to your item element:
- Button Type - Allows you to change the button in the element to either "Add to Cart" or "Buy Now".
- Button Size - Allows you to change the button size to large or small.
- Spacing - Allows you to change the padding above and below the item.
- Advanced - Allows you to select whether or not your item image, description, or the price will be displayed in this element.
Once you publish your changes, the elements will start to function, and the buttons in the elements will allow your customers to add items to a cart or purchase immediately.