Digital Downloads in eCommerce Store
With a Gator store, owners will now be able to sell digital products to their customers and fulfill the orders directly from their website! Setting a product to 'Digital Product' means that a link will be emailed at the time payment is confirmed, which will grant the purchaser access to the file for download.
In this article, we will take a look at how to set up a product as a Digital Product as well as the different options associated with adding these types of products.
To add a Digital Product:
Before you begin, make sure you upgrade your account to the appropriate eCommerce plan. If you need more info on this check out: Upgrade Your Account
Adding a Digital Product:
1. First, you’ll also want to understand How to add a Product by checking out this article: (How to add a product link)
2. From the Product Type section, select Digital Product.
3. Selecting this option will add the Digital Download Settings to your product details.
- Starting with Basic details, Enter your Products Name, Price and Description.
4. Look for and select the File Upload For Digital Product button to begin uploading your file to the store. Since file types for products can vary significantly and we give you the flexibility to sell different kinds of items. Currently, we allow the following:
- Images up to 4 MB
- Audio up to 100 MB
- Documents up tp 40 MB
- Videos up to 1 GB
- Zip files up to 1 GB
- You can also add an image to display with your Digital Download from the Product Page.
5. Once uploaded, you can configure the following settings:
- Download Expiration: Time-Based VS. Attempt Based:
Time-based expiration sets the duration of time the product is available to the purchaser, whereas Attempts suggests the number of times a Digital Product is downloaded. Since this is a digital product, Shipping, Stock Management, and Variants are no longer applicable to set up this product.
- Link Expiration:
Sets the Number of days until the download is unavailable from the link.
6. Select Save and Publish Changes at the top of the Add Product window to save your work.
You may experience a short delay before your product is available in preview mode or store while the system scans for virus'/malware. Corrupt files will be rejected and so will image files that violate TOS.
7. Your product will appear on the Products menu, just like any other item in your store.
8. When a Customer Orders a Digital Product it will look in your Orders Just like any other product.
Someone missing their link?
No worries, you can always resend the link via email from the Order Details screen if necessary.
Pro Tip: To change a product, you will have to delete and add the product new. However, once there is a sale of that product, we recommend making the product not visible to new customers unless you want the product also to become unavailable to them as well. At this time, the store does not support versioning of files.