Digital Downloads in eCommerce Store
With a Gator store, owners will now be able to sell digital products to their customers and fulfill the orders directly from their website! Setting a product to 'Digital Product' means that a link will be emailed at the time payment is confirmed, which will grant the purchaser access to the file for download.
In this article, we will look at how to set up a product as a Digital Product and the different options associated with adding these types of products.
To add a Digital Product:
Before you begin, make sure you upgrade your account to the appropriate eCommerce plan. If you need more info on this, check out: Upgrade Your Account.
Adding a Digital Product:
- First, you’ll want to begin with a new Product. to understand How to add a Product by checking out this article: Managing Products.
- From the Product Type section, select Digital Product. Selecting this option will add the Digital Upload area to your product details.
- Starting with basic details, enter your Product Name, Price, and Description. In your Description, you can add robust information about your product here. In addition, you can use the toolbar that appears above the description box to format, apply text styles, and add links to the text.
- Next, scroll to the next area for Digital Uploads and select the File Upload For Digital Product button to begin uploading your file to the store. Since file types for products can vary significantly and give you the flexibility to sell different items. Currently, we allow the following:
- Images up to 4 MB
- Audio up to 100 MB
- Documents up to 40 MB
- Videos up to 1 GB
- Zip files up to 1 GB
- Once uploaded, you can configure the Download Expiration to be Time-Based or Attempt Based.
- Time-based expiration sets the duration of time the product is available to the purchaser.
- Attempts set the number of times a Digital Product can be downloaded.
- Optional: Next add an image to show or preview the digital product you are offering.
- Once you have your product and all its details ready to go live in your store, select Publish at the top of the screen.
- You may experience a short delay before your product is available in preview mode or store while the system scans for viruses/malware. Corrupt files will be rejected, and so will image files that violate TOS.
Someone missing their link?
No worries, you can always resend the link via email from the Order Details screen if necessary.
Pro Tip: To update a file attached to a product, you can go in at any time to delete the old version and add the new one. However, once there is a sale of that product, the new version will become available to customers that still have download attempts remaining. At this time, the store does not support the versioning of files.